Bibingka Ilocano – The type of bibingka that went famous because of the Ilocanos is the Vigan Royal bibingka which is made from glutinous flour, margarine or butter, sugar, coconut cream, fresh milk and cheese. This resembles the tikoy more than the the usual bibingka that we buy during Christmas season when it comes to texture . It’s gluey and smoother. Try this easy recipe so you could make your own Bibingka Ilocano and enjoy!
Bibingka Ilocano Recipe
- 2 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/2 C fresh milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 C sugar
- grated cheese for toppings
- 1/4 cup margarine for toppings and coating
- Mix the glutinous flour with the sugar in a bowl. Whisk in the milk and coconut cream until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Coat the molds with margarine.
- Spoon batter about 3/4 of the size of the muffin molds and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 350 – 375 F or 180 C if using fan forced oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover of the half cooked bibingka and then sprinkle cheese and sugar on top of each bibingka.
- Cover the molds with the aluminum foil again. Put the bibingka back to the oven and bake for another 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil cover during the final 10 minutes of baking and brush 3x with margarine at different interval.
Note: You can also use the kakang gata from the freshly squeezed coconut. It is also better to use silicon molds in baking this bibingka. We also used caster sugar instead of the ordinary white sugar to make the bibingka smoother.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply