This Baked Bibingka is soft, cheesy and spongy and infused with the unique aroma of toasted banana leaves. Toppings are butter, grated cheese and salted eggs. Bibingka is best served hot with salabat or coffee.
Baked Bibingka Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Fresh Milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 pcs salted eggs, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and line bottom of 2 8-inch layer baking pan with banana leaves or wax paper. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs until light and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture alternately with NESTLE Fresh Milk into the egg. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Pour mixture in lined pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Spread butter on top then sprinkle with sugar and grated cheese.
- Decorate with salted egg slices and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.