You can easily substitute shrimp or tofu for the chicken. As there are multiple ingredients, if your market doesn’t carry a few items, such as lemon grass or tamarind paste, it’s fine to skip them; this salad will be loaded with flavor.
Vietnamese Salad with Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 25-30 Minutes
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¾ pound chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 stalk lemon grass, trim the top and base of the stalk (use only the bottom 3 inches; peel off any dry or tough outer layers, then mince)
- 1 tsp ginger root, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup daikon radish (1 small daikon radish), grated
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp macadamia nut oil
- Juice of 1 lime (~ 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Heat a sauté pan to medium-high heat, add oil, then chicken (or other protein), salt, lemon grass, and ginger root. Stir occasionally until lightly browned, about 6-7 minutes, then set aside.
- Combine salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients until mixed. Toss with the salad and chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.