Totsong Bangus or (milkfish in fermented tofu (soy cake) with tausi ) is one of the popular fish dish of the Filipino which is chinese in origin. Basically Totsong Bangus is consist of salted black beans (tausi), tofu, mixed in a fried bangus fish( milkfish). This dish is best partnered with hot rice during lunch and even at dinner time.
Totsong Bangus Recipe
- 1 kilo milkfish, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
- 2 pcs roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 2 pcs firm tofu, fried and cubed
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup spring onion, diagonal cut (1/2 inch thick)
- Flour for dredging
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water (you can add more water if you want more sauce)
- Season fish with salt. Let sit for 15 minutes then dredge in flour.
- Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Discard the oil from the pan, leaving about 2 Tbsps.
- Saute garlic and ginger until light brown.
- Add tomatoes and onions and sauté until tomatoes are soft.
- Add black beans and fried tofu. Saute for about a minute.
- Add water and oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add fish. Cover with sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add green onions. Simmer for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with steamed rice!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply