Tosilog – In Spain, Tocino means Bacon. It is made with a fatty Pork Belly, often salted and cured. Here in the Philipines, Tocino is the typical sweetened, cured, red meat often served for breakfast. “Tosilog” (Tocino, Sinangag and Itlog) is a popular combo found everywhere. This recipe is one of the best “Pambaon” for kids. You can buy it premade in the grocery, which are packed with preservatives, nitrites and nitrates and other sorts of chemicals. And some make their own version using natural ingredients.
- 1kilo Pork Belly or Pork Shoulder, sliced 1 cm thin
- 1cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp Anisado Wine or Chinese Wine
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp Pepper
- In a bowl, make the marinade and combine the garlic, pineapple juice, anisado wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Mix until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add in the pork slices and mix. Place in the refrigerator and cure for 2-3 days.
- When ready to fry, drain pork slices. Heat up the oil and fry in batches until it caramelizes.
- Serve it over rice and egg with vinegar as you dipping sauce.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.