Tortang Talong is a classic Filipino dish that is common across all regions of the Philippines. It’s simple, rather healthy, easy to prepare, filling, and flavorful.
Tortang Talong Recipe
- 4 Asian eggplants
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Broil or grill the eggplants until they are tender and the skin is charred and blistered in appearance.
- Remove them from the heating element and let them cool.
- Once they have cooled peel the skin of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem.
- Gently flatten the meat of the eggplant using a fork being careful not to break the connective tissue leaving it in one whole piece.
- Set the eggplant aside.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and season this with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Heat the cooking oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Dip each eggplant into the beaten egg one at a time .
- Bring the bowl near the pan then tilt the bowl to the side slightly and gently lower the eggplant into the pan.
- Fry the eggplant until it is golden brown on one side, then flip it over and brown the other side.
- Remove the eggplant from the pan and let it cool on a paper towel.
- Repeat this process until all the remaining eggplant have been cooked.
- Serve with your choice of rice, sauce, and garnish.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.