One of the favorite dish for the majority of Filipino’s. It is much more enjoyable when lots of lemon grass or tanglad is added to the recipe. Lemon grass help us to achieve the freshness of the soup and above all it removes the slimy (malansa) odor from the chicken liver.
Tinolang Manok sa Tanglad Recipe
- 1/2kl chicken parts
- 1/8 kl chicken liver
- 3-4pcs green chili
- 1 Papaya
- 2 small zucchini (optional)
- 2 lemon grass stems
- 1 table spoon patis or fish sauce
- Marinate the chicken liver with lime or lemon for about
30 minutes, to minimize the slimy odor.
- Saute the chicken parts and liver on the onion, garlic, and add a little bit of fish sauce or patis. Saute for about 8 minutes and remove the chicken liver first. Add 3 cups of water and let it boil.
- Add the sliced papaya and lemon grass. Boil the papaya until softens.
- Put zucchini, malunggay leaves, chicken liver and green chili.
- Add salt, pepper and fish sauce to taste.
- Boil for a few more minutes but be careful not to overcooked the vegetables.
- Serve the soup hot with rice. Enjoy.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply