Sweet and Spicy Pusit is always a pleasure to have on the plate, perfect for breakfast or weekend dinner. For sure you already saw our other pusit or squid recipes from the past. From the most common but famous adobong pusit to the most recent one which is the very delicious easy grilled squid! Here’s a simple recipe for the sweet and spicy dish lover.
Sweet and Spicy Pusit Recipe
- 1.5 lbs squid, backbone removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc siling labuyo, minced (add more if you prefer more spicy)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Drain the squid in a colander for about 15 -20 minutes. (This is important because squid produces lots of water during cooking.
- Draining it beforehand will minimize water production later).
- Slice each squid into three to four pieces to produce squid rings.
- Heat oil in cooking pan or wok then add- in the garlic and pepper.
- Saute for about two minutes while constantly tossing to prevent the garlic from being burnt.
- Add in the sugar and the soy sauce and stir mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add in squid and let cook for about 15-20 minutes, until the squid is tender.
- Stir occasionally. At this stage, squid will produce more water.
- Once the squid is tender, add in ketchup and stir until the ketchup is evenly distributed.
- Turn off heat and serve hot. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply