Try this delicious and easy to make Embutido, a Filipino meatloaf made from ground pork, onions, carrots, bell pepper, relish, and raisins made more special by adding egg and hotdog filling.
Special Embutido Recipe
- 400g ground pork
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- ½ cup catsup
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pcs hotdogs, sliced in half
- 3 pcs hard boiled eggs, quartered
- butter, for greasing
- aluminum foil (material needed)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the hotdogs and hard-boiled eggs. Mix well until blended.
- Grease the aluminum foil with butter.
- Spread about 6 tbsp of the mixture on the aluminum foil. Place some hotdogs and hard-boiled eggs on the top corner of the mixture.
- Roll tightly and wrap in the aluminum foil. Seal by twisting both ends.
- Arrange the embutido rolls in the steamer. Steam for 1 hour.
- Remove the aluminum foil and slice before serving. You can also fry it if you want. Enjoy your special embutido!
Image From: dimple_asinas
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.