Tapas with Shrimp, Pepper, Garlic, and Chili
Here is one of our favorite tapa recipes from Andalucía, the southern region in Spain. It is simple and quick to prepare and with good quality shrimp, terrific.
Spanish Tapas Recipe
Serves: Four small tapa portions (two dinner portions)
Prep Time: 10-12 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of crushed red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 12 ounces (325 grams) of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- Heat a sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté the peppers and chili flakes for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and oregano, stirring occasionally, and heat for 2 minutes. Finally, add garlic and heat another 1 minute, until shrimp are cooked. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.