Sinigang na Tinapang Salinas is a must try soup. If you’re wondering how it taste, just imagine a sour soup with a smoky flavored fish. It’s sour and flavorful. Just make sure to buy a fresh tinapa so your sinigang will be so fresh and delicious.
Sinigang na Tinapang Salinas Recipe
- ½ kilo ng tinapang salinas (choose fresh/bagong tapa)
- 2 bunch kangkong leaves (water spinach)
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 medium labanos, peeled & sliced
- 1 gabi (taro), peeled and slice
- 1 bunch sitaw, sliced into 2” (trim tail and heads)
- ½ inch ginger, thin slices
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- 3 siling pansigang (long green chili pepper)
- 1 pack sinigang sa sampalok mix
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups water
- In a large pan, heat oil, saute garlic, ginger and half of the onions until fragrant. Add in tinapang salinas and sautè until golden brown on both sides. Drain from oil and set aside.
- In another large pot, boil 6 cups water and add chopped onions and tomatoes. Next, add in sitaw, labanos, eggplants and gabi. Let it simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
- Dissolve 1 pack of Sinigang mix and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Add in kangkong leaves and sauteed tinapa on top. Cover pot and let it simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply