Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas is a version of sinigang that makes use of ripe guava as the souring agent.
Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas Recipe
- 1 piece large Milkfish (bangus), cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
- 2 big ripe guavas, quartered
- 2 pieces tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups kangkong leaves cut into serving size
- 1 small white radish (labanos), sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp tamarind powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- Bring water and guava to a boil. Simmer until water starts to thicken.
- Add the tomatoes, and onion and simmer for few minutes.
- Add the bangus. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the tamarind powder (optional) and fish sauce.
- Add the kangkong leaves and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Remove from heat.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply