Sinampalukang Manok is a Filipino Chicken dish cooked like sinigang also known as sour soup. It is composed of chicken, vegetable, tamarind leaves or tamarind fruits.
Sinampalukang Manok Recipe
- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups frozen tamarind fruits or 1 cup tamarind leaves
- 2 pieces green chilies (siling pangsigang)
- 1-2 tbs. tamarind soup mix
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 tbs. cooking oil
- 6 cups water (more or less if needed)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Using a big and deep pot, heat and add cooking oil.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion and saute for few minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, stir and cook until chicken turns light brown.
- Add tomatoes, fish sauce and tamarind fruits. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add water and cook in medium low heat. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add tamarind soup mix and green chilies. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply