This tasty stew is a great way to increase your intake of beneficial omega-3 rich fatty acids by including salmon in your diet. It’s easy to make and, with the addition of diced tomatoes and fish sauce, has a uniquely sophisticated flavor. Add a simple green salad to expand the range of nutrients and bump up the amount of fiber you consume.
Salmon Stew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can pink salmon
- 2 1/2 cups water
- bay leaf (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and cook until softened, then add the salmon.
- Flake the salmon and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Stir in water, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and fish sauce.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.