Red Beans cooked in Pork is one of my favorite way of cooking beans. This recipe is made with red beans, pork belly, langka (jackfruit) and malunggay leaves. If you like beans then you have to give this recipe a try.
Red Beans and Pork Recipe
- 1 cup red beans
- 1/4 lb. pork belly, cut into serving size
- 1 cup langka, cut into bite size
- 1/2 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 stem lemongrass, cut into 3
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Boil red beans and pork in 4 cups of water. Continue boiling till beans and pork is fully cooked. Separate pork from the beans and set aside. Add more water if needed.
- Saute garlic, onion and lemongrass in cooking oil. Add boiled pork and sauté till pork turns golden brown.
- Add cooked beans and langka. Simmer in medium low heat for 5 minutes or till langka is fully cooked. Add more water if needed.
- Season with fish sauce, ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Add malunggay leaves and simmer for few more minutes or till malunggay is fully cooked.
- Remove pot from heat and serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.