Pork Ribs Adobo – Adobo is the most famous and the quiet essential Filipino viand. It may be dry or stew like dish cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic and spices. It is a very tasty and delicious dish that is typically served with steamed white rice.
This time, we’ll be using baby back pork ribs for the dish as it is the only available part left on the fridge. We also made chicken adobo in this exact manner, something different, by making the meat adobo nicely browned by frying after being tenderized and simmered back with the sauce for a richer meat flavor.
Try this style and we’re sure you’ll be happier with your adobo.
Pork Ribs Adobo Recipe
- 1 side baby-back pork ribs (about 500 grams), cut into individual ribs
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- a pinch of msg. optional
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- In a casserole, combine all the ingredients except oil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour until meat is tender but make sure that there is still enough marinade, Add water if necessary. Turn off heat when meat is done. Transfer ribs in a plate and let cool, leaving the sauce in the casserole.
- Heat a skillet and put oil. Fry the ribs until nicely browned about 3 minutes each side in medium heat, turning once. While the meat browns, turn the heat to high under the sauce and boil until it’s reduced by about half. When done with the ribs, remove it from the oil and transfer back to the casserole with the sauce and simmer for a few minutes to attain a richer meat flavor.
- Serve with steamed rice. Share & enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply