Humba is a Visayan Braised Pork and a Filipino dish similar to Pork Adobo. Pork Humba is sweeter and cooked in fermented black beans also known as Tausi. The key to a perfect Pork Humba is the right measurement of the ingredients and of course it will all depend on your palate. We at Lutong Bahay really like this recipe because of the sweetness and saltiness combined in one recipe, just perfect for plain white rice. Below are the ingredients and cooking procedures:
Pork Humba Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Pork pigue or liempo cut into cubes
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small can of Pineapple Juice
- 1-2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Salted Black Beans
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 small pack banana blossom
- In a pan, sear or brown the pork until oil comes out.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Put in soy sauce, peppercorn, and bay leaves, saute for few minutes.
- Pour in the pineapple juice and let it boil. Simmer until pork is tender (add water if needed)
- Add the vinegar and wait to re-boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the salted black beans and brown sugar, simmer.
- Add then dried banana blossom, simmer until cooked.
- Served while its hot and Voila!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply