Check out the proper steps in cooking Pork Guisantes, a pork stew cooked in a tomato based stock and vegetables like green peas.
Pork Guisantes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pounds pork sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 to 40 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the pan, add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add pork and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add fish and sauce and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and continue to cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until pork is fork-tender and sauce is reduced.
- Add sweet peas and bell peppers cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bell peppers and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until tender yet crisp. Serve hot.