Check out the proper steps in cooking Pork Guisantes, a pork stew cooked in a tomato based stock and vegetables like green peas.
Pork Guisantes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pounds pork sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 to 40 seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the pan, add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add pork and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add fish and sauce and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and continue to cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until pork is fork-tender and sauce is reduced.
- Add sweet peas and bell peppers cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bell peppers and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until tender yet crisp. Serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply