A classic pork binagoongan made from side of pork slowly boiled in bagoong sauce made of tomatoes, garlic, onions, and chilies. The pork is tender nevertheless firm; the sauce is rich, savory with an ideal balance of sweetness and saltiness.
Pork Binagoongan with Fried Talong Recipe
- 1 kilo pork liempo; cut in serving pieces
- 1/2 cup shrimp bagoong
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 small onion; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Philippine bird’s eye pepper (siling labuyo)
- 5 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 eggplant; cut in slices
- 12 oz. of Sprite or 7 up
- 5pcs of long chili (seeds removed and sliced thinly)
- pepper ( to taste)
- Fried the eggplant and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions. Add pork and shrimp bagoong. Stir fry for few minutes until pork starts to render fat and edges turn to brown.
- Add vinegar and let it simmer until it becomes dry. Then pour the 12 oz of sprite and 6 oz of water.
- Let it simmer until the pork is tender .
- Season (let the sprite and water to evaporate even if it is tender. note: the more tender the pork… the better) with sugar and pepper.
- Drop the long chili and the eggplant. simmer for another 5 minutes.
- serve hot!!!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.