Pork Barbecue, an all time favorite dish. Your first bite actually determines how good is the marinade was and of course the tenderness of the meat. There’s nothing wrong if one adds Seven-up or Sprite, or just simply soy sauce plus spices and calamansi or lemon to the marinade. Others just do the simplest way of rubbing salt and pepper. But the important thing is that the meat must absorbed the marinade and your desired flavor must come out after barbecuing.
Pork Barbecue Recipe
- 1 kilo of pork kasim
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoon calamansi extract
- With a knife, remove pork skin but leave the fat intact with the meat.
- Slice the pork by about ¼” thick. Then cut it to your desired bite size.
- For the marinade: In a big bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients. Stir until the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Combine the pork with the marinade mixture then keep in a refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Thread the pork onto skewers.
- Grill over the charcoal fire, with at least 3 inches clearance, until the meat turns golden brown. Use the marinade to bash the barbecue during cooking. Add at 1 tablespoon of oil to the marinade so the meat won’t look dry.
- Best serve when it still hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.