Pork Asado or Adobong Baboy is one of the popular Filipino dishes influenced by Chinese culture. It involves a whole slab of pork braised in a sweet and salty mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, and spices.
Pork Asado Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs pork
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cups water
1. Combine soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic, cooking rice wine, and salt then mix well.
2. Marinade the pork in the combined mixture for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat a cooking pot then put-in the pork along with the marinade and water then let boil.
4. Add brown sugar and stir to distribute evenly.
5. Simmer for about 40 minutes flipping the meat after 20 minutes or so to tenderize the other side.
6. Turn off the heat and remove the meat from the cooking pot.
7. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce then serve.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply