Here’s the famous Filipino pork adobo dish with a twist. We will add Ampalaya or Bitter Gourd in this traditional adobo. Follow the easy recipe below.
Pork Adobo with Ampalaya Recipe
- 1 kilo of pork, cut into serving pieces
- 1 ampalaya (bitter gourd), deboned and sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsps. lard
- Salt & pepper
1. In a pot, place the pork in vinegar, crushed garlic, lard, salt and pepper.
2. Allow to simmer until pork is tender.
3. When the pork is tender, add the sliced ampalaya. Serve hot with rice.
Image from: rhapayim
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.