Pinoy Style Pochero has an influence from a Spanish origin. Pochero means stewpot; the main ingredients for this mouth watering recipe is made up of beef, pork, or chicken and a tomato sauce. The sweetness of the vegetables balance the flavors and makes it more special.
Pinoy Style Pochero Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs pork belly, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cabbage, quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, concasse
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1/4 lb sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 piece ripe plantain banana cut in half
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- 1/2 tsp ginger, cut into small strips
- 1/4 lb green beans
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pc medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch circles
- 2 cups chicken or pork stock
- Cover the white beans with plenty of cold water. Leave to soak overnight. Drain the beans, transfer in a saucepan and cover with fresh water. Boil immediately for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Slice the plantain banana, in their skins, in half crosswise, slice diagonally and cut the sweet potato into quarters. In a pan over a medium heat, fry the plantain and sweet potato until slightly brown. Set aside
- Heat the oil in a large casserole, add onion, garlic and ginger cook gently for about 2 minutes, until softened. Stir in tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Add the pork and cook until lightly brown for about 10 minutes. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Add the white beans, peppercorns and season with salt. Cook for about 40 minutes
- Add the eggplant, green beans and cabbage and let it simmer for about 3 minutes, lower the heat and stir in the fried plantain, sweet potato and the bok choy, cook for about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.