This Filipino Chicken Curry recipe is one of our favorite. The sweetness and creaminess of chicken together with the curry, just melt tremendously in your mouth.
Pinoy Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tbsp. curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into big squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into big squares
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2” long
- 1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
- Pan fry potatoes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry chicken pieces and brown a little.
- Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Pour in patis and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat; add celery, bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until half done.
- Add milk and stir occasionally. Cook for another 7 minutes (or lesser when using evaporated milk because the liquids will curled).
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply