Pork chops all come from the loin, which runs from the hip to the shoulder and contains the small strip of meat called the tenderloin. The most common chops you see in the butcher case are from the ribs and the loin.
Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- 10 thick pork chops (always allow one per person)
- 1.5 cups ketchup (about half a bottle)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium can sliced pineapples
- Heat an oil, brown the pork chops slowly in a pan until light golden brown over medium to low heat for about 3 minutes. Drain from oil and transfer to an oven pan.
- Porkchops should be arranged in a single layer. In a saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, except for the pineapple; bring to a boil and cook to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops; top with the half of the sliced pineapple (reserve half for garnish), juice and all.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 275 degree oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours until pork is tender.
- Serve hot and garnish with pineapple slices on top with mixed vegetables and steamed rice on the side. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.