Pineapple Chicken Adobo – Adobo is one of the iconic, popular and easiest Filipino dish. The taste is a combination of sour and salty. It can be cooked with more liquid or as dry or “adobong tuyo” and some Filipino like to add a little bit of red chili in it which make it – spicy chicken adobo. You don’t need to be an experienced cook to try this recipe. Most Adobo are tangy and garlicky but this version is slightly sweet by using an pineapple tidbits addition.
Pineapple Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. atsuete (annatto) oil
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- In a saucepan, combine chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaf, vinegar, soy sauce, and atsuete oil.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add pineapple tidbits. Simmer for another few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.