Pinatisang Manok – The Filipino word “pinatisan” means to be “flavored with fish sauce” and you can definitely taste it.
Pinatisang Manok Recipe
- 2.4 lbs chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger peeled and julienned
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups baby spinach or pepper leaves
- 2 serrano peppers
- Prepare the chicken pieces by removing the skin, rinsing under cold water and patting dry with paper towels. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- Add chicken pieces and sauté for 4 minutes or until browned and no longer pink.
- Add fish sauce and stir to combine flavor. Add water, bring mixture to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until chicken meat is tender. Stir in spinach or pepper leaves. Cover and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.