Pinakbet is a popular dish to serve at any Filipino gathering. It is a nutritious food consist of meat, vegetables cooked and flavored with bagoong.
- 1/4 kilo pork with fat, cut into small pieces
- 2 Amapalya (bitter melons) sliced to bite size pieces
- 2 eggplants, sliced to bite size pieces
- 5 pieces of okra, cut in two
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, crushed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons bagoong isda or bagoong alamang
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cooking pan, heat oil and fry the pork until brown, remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
- In a casserole, boil water and add bagoong.
- Add the pork in the casserole and mix in the sauteed garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in all the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are done, careful not to overcook.
- Add Salt and pepper, as desired, to taste. Best serve hot with plain rice.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.