Pancit Bihon – This Filipino pancit version is the most popular among Filipinos. According to wikipedia, the pancit in Filipino cuisine, are noodles. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines early on by Chinese Filipino settlers in the archipelago, and over the centuries have been fully adopted into local cuisine, of which there are now numerous variants and types. This pancit bihon is simple and easy to make.
Pancit Bihon Recipe
- 1 kg. pancit bihon
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 kg beans, sliced
- 1/4 kg chicken breast, sliced
- 1/4 kg shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- soy sauce to taste (around 3-4 tablespoons)
- dash of fish sauce (patis) and pepper to taste
- Soak pancit bihon noodles in water until noodles are soft. Drain.
- Saute garlic, onions in hot oil.
- Add in chicken breast slices and continue to saute until chicken changes color.
- Add in shrimps and saute until shrimps turn pink.
- Add in fish sauce (patis), cover pan and cook over low heat until simmering.
- Add in carrots and cook until carrots are half done.
- Add in cabbage and beans and cook until vegetables are half done, stirring continuously.
- Add in soy sauce.
- Add in the pancit bihon noodles and mix continuously until noodle and other condiments are blended well.
- Serve hot.
Image Courtesy: ljoyguinto
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply