Paksiw na Pata although the word paksiw mean is by cooking with vinegar and garlic, by adding soy sauce, it brings much more aroma and taste to the dish.
Paksiw na Pata Recipe
- 4-5 pieces Ham Hocks or Pata, cut 2 inches thick
- 1 pounds pork shoulder, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dried banana blossoms(Bulaklak ng Saging)
- 2 pcs. bayleaf(Laurel leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5-6 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix the following together in a bowl : vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaf, oregano flakes and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat. Heat the oil and sear or brown the meat in batches. Separate the Pata from the pork shoulder. Set aside.
- In the same pot, saute the garlic and onion, then add the mixture from Step 1 and bring to a boil. Do not stir.
- Put in the seared Pata (without the pork shoulder.)
- Add enough water to cover the meat, then simmer for half an hour.
- Put in the seared pork shoulder. Add more water if necessary and simmer for another half hour or until the meats are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish off by adding the banana blossoms.
- Serve with rice.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply