Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon. In Canadian Chinese cuisine it usually consists of pieces of chicken meat that are sautéed or deep-fried and coated with a thick, sweet lemon-flavored sauce.
Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 4 green ( spring ) onions, chopped
- 1 piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500 g boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 125 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- 2 tbsp oil for stir – frying
- Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
- Heat the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper. Stir – fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
- Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.