Lechon sa Hurno is the ultimate pork dish! Roasted low and slow in the oven, it turns our super crispy and juicy with no deep-frying involved!
Lehon sa Hurno Recipe
- 1 (3 to 5 lbs.) fresh pork ham roast (or boneless shoulder picnic roast, a hog’s head, pork belly or any parts of pork of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a roasting pan.
- Clean pork ham (or any pork parts of your choice) thoroughly. Dry with paper towels. Rub generously with salt all over. Transfer to a roasting pan and bake for about 3-1/2 hours (40 minutes per pound). Cover ears of hog’s head (if using) to protect from burning.
- Brush skins with fat drippings from the pan every 10 minutes during the last hour, making the skin crisp.
- Increase oven heat to 450°F. Roast pork for about 20 to 30 minutes more or until golden brown. The skin should be crispy. Internal temperature reading is 170°F.
- Remove from the oven. Cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces and place into a serving platter. Serve with sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.