Laing is a Filipino dish native to Bicol. It is a spicy and creamy dish of taro leaves (which give the dish a rough feeling), pork or shrimps, and chili peppers cooked in coconut milk.
Laing with Shrimps Recipe
- 3 cups shredded Gabi leaves (Taro), dried under the sun
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 piece of onion
- 1/2 clove of garlick
- Piece of Ginger
- 1/4 kilo of Shrimps
- 2 tbsp. of Bagoong (Shrimp Paste)
- In a saucepan, cook the garlic, ginger, onion, bagoong, gabi leaves, and coconut milk together. Add Sili if desired.
- Allow to boil if the coconut milk is almost drying out, and looks oily.
- Lower the heat, and when the coconut milk is creamy on top of the vegetables, remove from the fire and serve.
Tips: With coconut milk, if fresh coconut is not available, you can buy the coconut powder or coconut milk in can. But, fresh is still the best.
Image Courtesy: jennypie091987
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.