This La Paz Batchoy Recipe, one of Visaya’s signature dishes from Ilo-Ilo is made from Miki noodles, pork organs such as liver, kidney, and heart, and with a garnishing of ginger, green onions, raw egg, and Chicharron.
La Paz Batchoy Recipe
- 500 g Miki or Egg noodles
- 300 g pork belly, sliced in small pieces
- 150 g pork liver, sliced in small pieces
- 2 pcs pork heart, sliced in small pieces
- 1 medium sized white onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups pork stock
- 4 cups beef stock
- 4 cups shrimps stock (you can make this by frying then boiling shrimp heads)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sautéed shrimp paste
- fish sauce
- chicharon, crushed
- fried garlic
- spring onion, chopped
- fresh eggs
- In a pot add boiling water together with pork belly and pork heart, boil for 5 minutes then remove meat from the pot then rinse with cold water to remove any scum.
- Using the same pot and water add the pork liver and boil for 5 minutes, drain then rinse with cold water to remove any scum.
- In a separate clean pot add oil then sauté garlic and onion, stir-fry until onions turn translucent.
- Now add the three types of broth, pork belly, pork heart, black pepper, sugar, soy sauce and shrimp paste. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Now add the liver and season it with fish sauce (use according to your liking), simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions. Then once cooked place in a bowl.
- Pour hot boiling broth in the noodle bowl together with meat then top it with crushed chicharron, fried garlic, spring onion and raw egg. Serve immediately and stir in raw eggs while broth is still hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.