Kuhol sa Gata – Fresh snails cooked in coconut milk and leafy vegetables. The snails are served in the shell and a tiny fork (or toothpick) is used to loosen the meat inside. This is usually served as an appetizer or a snack, but it works well with hot rice.
Kuhol Sa Gata Recipe
- 400 gms. kuhol
- 10 gms. garlic
- 20 gms. ginger
- 20 gms. onion
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup gata (first extract)
- ½ cup gata (2nd extract)
- ¼ tali (bundle) kangkong or malungay
- Soak kuhol in water overnight.
- Clean and wash the kuhol
- Sauté garlic, ginger, onions, season with salt then add in the kuhol.
- Pour in the coconut milk (2nd extract first).
- After a while add the first extract.
- Add the kangkong leaves or malungay
- Let simmer until the coconut milk is well absorbed.
Here’s another recipe for cooking this Ginataang Kuhol.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.