Kinilaw means raw fish soaked or cured with vinegar and salt.
Kinilaw na Tuna Recipe
- 2 lbs tuna; skinned, deboned, and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red chilies, chopped
- Place the cubed tuna meat in a large bowl then pour-in 3/4 cups of vinegar.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then gently squeeze the tuna by placing a spoon on top applying a little pressure.
- Gently wash the tuna meat with vinegar. Drain all the vinegar once done. This will help reduce the fishy smell.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar, calamansi or lemon juice, ginger, salt, ground black pepper, and red chilies then mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with minced red onions and serve (you may also add the red onions with the rest of the ingredients in step 4).
- Share and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply