Kalderetang Kambing – Kambing is the word for goat (in Indonesian and Malay languages as well) and a kalderetang, from the Spanish caldereta, is a stew. Succulent goat meat in a tomato based sauce with potatoes, carrots, olives and a little spicy kick. This dish has many variations like the beef kaldereta. Some also uses pork or chicken. Follow our guide below for the original kalderetang kambing recipe.
Kalderetang Kambing Recipe
- 1 lb goat meat
- 2 c vinegar
- 1/4 c garlic (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 medium sized onion (chopped)
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 1/2 c olive oil (or cooking oil for sauteing)
- 6-8 pieces of green olives
- 1/2 c red wine
- 1-2 pieces bay leaf
- 1/4 c red and green bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/4 green peas
- 1/4 c liver (cooked and chopped)
- 1 red hot chili pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 c grated cheese (gouda)
- sliced potatoes, carrots, olives (optional)
1. Marinate the meat in vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper overnight to remove gamey smell.
2. The next day, drain all the liquid and cook in oil until brown. Set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, add oil. Over medium heat, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes. Add tomato sauce, liver and meat. Stir in the red wine and simmer until meat is tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for an additional 10-20 minutes. Season to taste.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.