Kaldereta Kambing (Goat Kaldereta or goat meat in tomatoes sauce) is one of the meat dishes every Filipino has come to love. It is a specialty of Central and Northern Luzon as favorite pulutan and is a requisite during fiestas and special occasions. You can always find it in the menus of authentic Filipino restaurant.
Kalderetang Kambing Recipe
- 1 kg Goat meat
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 can liver spread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 5-8 peppercorns, crushed
- 2 medium size green/red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch square
- 2 medium size potato, quartered
- 1 medium size carrots, cut same size as potato
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 1 medium size ginger
- 3 siling labuyo
- 3 bay leaf
- salt pepper
- Marinate goat meat with vinegar, ginger, a dash of salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil the marinated goat meat until it tender.
- Drain the boiled meat, keep aside.
- In a casserole pan, sauté garlic and onion, add meat and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and liver spread, stir cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 3-4 cups of water, crushed pepper corns and bay leaf simmer for 30 minutes or until meat are tender. Add potato, carrots, siling labuyo, simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetable are cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add bell pepper and cheese, season with salt and cook for another 30 seconds, Serve hot with Rice.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.