Kalderetang Bibe or duck caldereta (duck stew) is a well known filipino recipe, it is one of many variation for cooking caldereta recipe, caldereta can be also cooked using beef, goat meat, chicken, pork or even fish.
Kalderetang Bibe Recipe
- 1 whole duck, dressed, clean and cut into desire size
- 2-3 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3-5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 50 gram ginger
- 3 pcs medium size potato, quartered
- 1 carrots slice
- 1 medium
- 1 whole red bell pepper, slice into strips
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can vienna sausage
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup kakang gata (coconut cream)
- 2-3 siling labuyo
- salt to taste
- Bring to boil duck meat for 5 minute in a casserole with ginger, drain and set aside.
- In a pan sautee garlic and onion from margarine and cooking oil
- Add duck meat and patis and simmer for 10 minute
- Add 2-3 cup of water to tenderize duck
- Add water if needed until achieve desire texture of duck meat
- Add carrots and potato
- When carrot and potato tenderize, add vienna sausage, grated cheeze, siling labuyo
- Add kakang gata and bring to boil until sauce thickens and decrease half by volume
- Add red bell pepper, salt to taste, vetsin and liver spread
- Cook for another minute
- Served cook kaldereta while it is hot with hot steamy rice, enjoy
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply