This homemade pork longganisa recipe is the perfect breakfast food. So, let’s gather those ingredients and rush into the kitchen to try this easy & simple longganisa recipe!
Pork Longganisa Recipe
- 7kls ground pork meat (Casim or Pigue)
- 3kls ground pork fat
- 1kl Brown Sugar
- 2 big can condensed milk
- 100 grams iodized salt
- 800 grams garlic, minced
- 165 grams Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce (small bottle)
- 100 grams Delmonte Cane Vinegar
- 20-30 grams ground black pepper
- 20 grams MSG
- 100 grams Accord (optional)
- 750 grams Hog Casing (bitukang kayod) You can also wax paper place the longganisa in an ice candy plastic bag
- For the pork meat and pork fat make sure that you ground them twice.
- Mix all the ingredients by hands. Ensure to mix all the ingredients together thoroughly. The longer you mix them the better.
- Cover the mixture and place inside the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before placing them in the hog case (or cover with a wax paper or ice candy plastic bag)
- After 24 hours, fry a small amount for taste testing. Adjust salt or sugar according to taste.
- Place longganisa in hog casing or in an ice candy plastic bag or roll it covered with wax paper.
- If the longganisa is placed in hog casings, cook inside a turbo broiler for at least 1 hours. Let the longganisa cool down.
Skip this procedure if you decide to use wax paper or ice candy plastic bags.
7. Store in the freezer until cooking time
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.