Hinalang na Manok is a Bohol recipe of native chicken stewed in coconut milk, ginger, onion, peppercorn, chilis and tanglad. Get to taste this classic Boholano dish and try it today. Happy cooking!
Hinalang na Manok Recipe
- 1 whole Native chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, julienned
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns (Pamintang bilog)
- 3 Long Green Chilis (Siling Haba)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1 bundle lemongrass (Tanglad)
- 2 red chilis (labuyo)
- Place Native Chicken and lemongrass in a large pan, add water, and bring to a boil
- Let it simmer aftet, add the coconut milk and combine all ingredients.
- Put chopped onion, ginger, pepper and garlic.
- Cook the Native chicken for about 30-60 minutes or until done, it depends on how old your Native chicken. Adjust on low once it started to boil and let it simmer without pan cover. Stir it from time to time to prevent curdling of coconut milk.
- Add salt to taste and chilis then simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot with lots of rice. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.