Ginisang Ampalaya with Egg Recipe or Sautéed Bitter Melon is a very simple dish with very high nutrients content, which is also good for those who are diabetic.
Ginisang Ampalaya with Egg Recipe
- 3 medium size amapalaya or bitter melon slice lengthwise
- 3 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- some salt or patis (fish sauce) and pepper to taste
- 1liter lukewarm water
- Slice ampalaya or bitter melon thinly ( put in a bowl with lukewarm water and 2 tablespoon of salt to lessen the bitter taste )
- In a pan, saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes until the tomatoes have juiced out. While doing this, add some patis (fish sauce), or salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ampalaya and 1/2 cup of water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- When ampalaya is quite tender, stir in the beaten eggs and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.
- Share and Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.