This Ginataang Pusit Recipe is another great variation of “Ginataan“, a popular, simple, yet delicious Filipino dish that is made from coconut milk. This variation of Ginataan uses Squid or locally known as ‘Pusit’ in Filipino.
Ginataang Pusit Recipe
- 1-kilo medium-sized squid
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 pcs green chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- spring onions, chopped
- 1 pc medium size onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, slivered
- 1 to 2 tsp. patis or fish sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Clean the squid by removing the beak, ink sack and transparent backbone.
- Saute garlic, onion, and ginger for a few minutes then add the squid.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes again until the squid is slightly cooked.
- Then pour the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper, adjust the amount if necessary.
- Simmer again for a few minutes until the sauce is thick then add the green chili peppers.
- Don’t overcook so the squid won’t get too tough.
- Remove from fire and serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.