Ginataang paksiw na Tanigue is Filipino fish dish wherein fish is cooked initially in vinegar and then finished with coconut milk or cream.
Ginataang Paksiw na Tanigue
- 1 kg Tanigue
- 3 Cups of Vinegar
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 tsbp olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2-3 pcs large green chilis
- Salt and pepper
- First, cook the fish with vinegar (paksiw), one day before to make it more tasty.
- In a large pan, put vinegar, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and olive oil (optional).
- Boil in low heat 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the vinegar is low enough (leave a little broth).
- Next day, add the coconut milk and tomato. Simmer until coconut milk is cooked.
- Add the green chili.
- Simmer for a few for minutes.
- Now it’s ready. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.