Ginatang Labong – Bamboo shoots or labong is very common in Asian cuisine. It is the main ingredient in lumpia and other dishes. Although it has a somewhat bitter taste, it can be boiled first to remove the bitter taste. You can also add meat or shrimp to make it tastier.
To make this recipe, just cook labong in boiling water then set aside. Saute garlic, onion and ginger then add coconut milk. Simmer for a few minutes then add labong. Hope you try it!
Ginataang Labong Recipe
- 2 cups bamboo shoots (labong), sliced thinly
- 1 can coconut milk
- 100 grams pork belly, cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small ginger, sliced thinly
- salt/fish sauce
- green chili pepper (optional)
- Cook labong in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add pork and cook until lightly browned. Stir-in fish sauce and coconut milk. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add labong.
- Season with salt/fish sauce.
Image Source: thepurpledoll.net
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.