Ginataang Kuhol is a snail that cook together with coconut milk and other ingredients. The meat of the snail suits with sweetness and spiciness of the dish.
Ginataang Kuhol Recipe
- 1 kilo kuhol
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pcs ginger cut into strips
- 2 pcs siling haba (green chili)
- 2 pc calamansi
- ground pepper and salt, to taste
- 1/2 liter of water
- 1 cup of moringa leaves (dahon ng malunggay)
- 1 pc onion slice
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- In a cooking pot place kuhol water and salt and bring it to boil for several minutes.
- After boiling, remove the kuhol and wash it into tap water. Set aside. This method is simply by cleaning the inner part of the snail. Some people used to soaked the snail in water for about an hour, but this method of boiling is what i prefer. Let’s proceed.
- In a cooking pot pour the cooking oil and saute ginger, onion and garlic. add the coconut milk bring it to boil.
- After boiling add the kuhol and green chili (siling haba) season it with pepper and salt.
- Cover and simmer it for about 5 minutes.
- After simmering it add the moringa leaves (dahon ng malunggay) cover it and turn off the heat let the leaves cooked by residual heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.