The coconut milk is the ingredient that makes this Ginataang Alimasag recipe tasty, in that it brings out the flavor of the other ingredients which include alimasag, sitaw, and squash.
Ginataang Alimasag Recipe
- 2 pcs. Live Alimasag (Crabs), washed and cut into halves crosswise
- 1/2 pc. medium Kalabasa (squash), peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 1 pc. medium red onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps. olive or cooking oil
- 4–5 pcs. chili peppers
- may add sitaw (string beans) too
- Heat pan and pour olive or cooking oil.
- Sauté onion for a minute then follow garlic.
- Add patis (fish sauce) and gata (coconut milk). Bring to a boil.
- Pour-in ground black pepper, and then cook for 10 minutes in medium heat until the liquid reduces.
- Put-in the crabs and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash (kalabasa) and chili peppers. Cook until the squash becomes a little tender.
- May add sitaw (string beans) too at this point.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with rice.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply