Fried chicken is a dish consisting of chicken pieces usually from broiler chickens which have been floured or battered and then pan-fried, deep fried, or pressure fried. The breading adds a crisp coating or crust to the exterior of the chicken.
Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- One 3-pound chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Accent (MSG seasoning)
- 1 can lard (or one 3-pound can Crisco), enough to cover chicken in fryer (see Secret Recipe Tips below)
- Combine the egg and buttermilk in a large bowl. Soak the chicken pieces in the mixture.
- Add the flour to a separate bowl and fold in all the herbs and spices. Roll the chicken in the seasoned flour until completely covered.
- Add the lard to a pressure fryer and heat to 365 F. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions for your pressure fryer.
- Use a utensil to lower 4 pieces of the chicken into the hot oil, and lock the lid in place. Be careful not to burn yourself with the hot oil.
- Allow to fry for 8 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Once the pieces are cooked, release the pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions and remove the chicken to paper towels or a metal rack to drain.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 pieces of chicken.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.