This Pork Asado recipe is a simple one. This is a version that does not require you to cook a big cut of pork then to be sliced when serving. This recipe uses cubed pork, but still has the delicious the sweet and salty flavor of asado.
Filipino Pork Asado Recipe
- 1 kilo pork, cubes
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp atsuete oil
- 2 pcs star anise
- ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- oil, for frying the potatoes and carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup soysauce
- 4 tbsp calamansi juice
- Marinate pork cubes in soysauce and calamansi juice mixture for about 15-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the potatoes and carrots. Set aside.
- Heat atsuete oil in a pan, then saute onions and garlic.
- Add in pork cubes (Do not include the marinate). Stir and let brown.
- Add soysauce, sugar, star anise, water. Let cook for about 30 minutes, or until the pork is tender.
- Season with salt and ground pepper, to taste.
- Once the meat is cooked and tender, add the potatoes and carrots.
- Serve and garnish with chopped onions (optional).
- This is perfect with hot steamed rice.
Image Source: lutonimommyjonah
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.