This easy couscous recipe is a great way to substitute rice with if you are trying to reduce your starch intake. This Mediterranean style recipe is light but delicious.
Easy Couscous Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz dried apricots, finely diced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place couscous in a large mixing bowl. In a saucepan, combine chicken stock, apricots, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour the boiling liquid over the couscous and toss to moisten every grain.
- Sprinkle with olives and scallions and cover tightly with plastic saran wrap. Let stand for 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.